26 November 2008

Rap Cats

Story the First:

You may be familiar with that irritating song, "Whatever You Like" by T.I. (See below if not.) I have been mishearing the beginning of the chorus for this song since it came out, and quite frankly I like my version better. The artist claims the lyrics are "Stacks on deck, Patron on ice..." Anyway, I've been hearing it as "Snacks on me...," as if he has so much money, he can pay for all the snacks you want. Twizzlers? No problem. Tortilla chips? You got it. I said snacks on me.



Story the Second:

I was on my way to lab, and I round the corner and there's this tabby cat meowing at me. It had a collar and tags, so I figured it was one of the lost cats that people had put up signs about in my neighborhood. I had Brian get some treats so we could lure it towards us to put in the kitty carrier. Brian called the number and it turns out that Chairman Mao (a name which could only be better if it were actually Chairman Meow), is apparently an outdoor cat. In Philadelphia. Okay. Evidently I'm not the only person to make this mistake though -- the owner posted signs that the cat isn't lost, sorry it meows a lot, etc. I think the cat likes us though, because it follows us around when we're outside. It probably just wants more treats.

Story the Third:

Caught up with my good friends from high school (Lauren, Leigh Anne, Colleen, Melissa aka Jone, Ian, and Nick) at Kildare's last night. So weird. Lots of reminiscing, too many drinks, and a long bus ride back from 3rd St to 46th. Definitely a great night.

Thanksgiving is tomorrow. I have to cook everything for the family -- this is not a good time to be sick.

No comments: